|“||I am Ven-Ghan, the Ultralink Hunter.||”|
—Ven-Ghan, Introducing himself to Max Steel
|Allies|| Maxwell McGrath|
|First Appearance||Ultralink Invasion Part One|
|Last Appearance||The Final Countdown Part Two|
|Voiced By||Giles Panton|
Ven-Ghan is an Ultralink Hunter, that was formely a villain, and now an ally in Max Steel (2013 TV Series) on Season 2. His main goal is to defeat every Ultralink and intergalactic criminals in his way, and have revenge on Makino because of his planet being destroyed when he was a child. Ven-Ghan first appeared in Ultralink Invasion Part One, and is voiced by Giles Panton.
When Makino and his Ultralinks attacked Kaduonn (Ven-Ghan's planet), they destroyed, and later the Alphalink absorbed it. However, Ven-Ghan was the only survivor of the attack, and during undetermined time, he joined The Black Star Council, and Ragnok trained him. Over time, Ven-Ghan became one of the best hunters of The Black Star Council, using his incredible gravity powers to track down and capture the intergalactic war criminals.
Years later, he was tasked to capture Steel, since The Black Star Council thought that he was very dangerous. Ven-Ghan firstly captured Steel and almost delivered him to The Black Star Council, though that he failed thanks to Max. Later, Ven-Ghan reappears, with only one goal: to capture Steel. However, he, alongside with Steel, are captured by Ultimate Elementor. Steel later save Ven-Ghan's life, and he finally confesses that he may be mistaken about Steel's evil personality.
Ven-Ghan later returns when Makino attacks Earth with his Evil Ultralinks, and helps Max to defeat Makino, and save Steel. Ironically, Steel saved once again Ven-Ghan's life, and he decides to trick The Black Star Council about Steel's destruction, saying that he was destroying while Max was fighting against Makino. The council later discovers about Ven-Ghan's redemption, and send other Ultralink Hunter, know as Ragnok, which was also Ven-Ghan's trainer, and the most dangerous bounty hunter in the galaxy. After Makino's invasion, it was revealed that Max Steel and Ven-Ghan were patrolling Copper Canyon, capturing every Evil Ultralink possible, and also saving Max's friends, when they were linked with Evil Ultralinks. Later, when Ragnok was sent to Earth, Ven-Ghan was captured by him, alongside with Steel, but with some difficulty, he manages to defeat his own trainer.
In the last episodes of Season 2, Ven-Ghan helped Max and Steel occasionally, which also was seen in A Germ of an Idea, where Ven-Ghan used a device to help them. In the Season Finale, Ven-Ghan was fighting alongside with other N-Tek Agents, and also helped Max and Steel to go to Makino's Alphalink.
"Ven-Ghan is an interesting character. His home world was destroyed at a young age and he spent his life training to bring his enemies to justice. He has a steely sense of honor, which can be rigid and uncompromising. And once he's set his mind on something it's next to impossible to change it. But underneath it all he still has heart. He has a purpose and drive propelled by the pain of the loss of his loved ones. So...he could become an ally, but Max or Steel would have to do something extraordinary to make that happen.". - Giles Panton
The Ven-Ghan's home planet was destroyed when he was a child and has spent his life training to bring those responsible to justice, regardless of their power and how unstoppable they are. This shows a great sense of honor but Ven-Ghan, may end up being rigid or he can not commit to something and that makes once one goal in mind nothing can stop until it is fixed.
The word 'Ven-Ghan' is the Maltese word meaning Hunting.
- Enhanced Strength: He is stronger than an ordinary person.
- Enhanced Speed: He is a lot faster than a regular human since he chased steel without being tired.
- Enhanced Agility: He is very agile and flexible as he can jump on high places.
- Teleportation: Ven-Ghan can teleport from from one spot to another through the usage of portals, he was shown doing this when he was chasing Steel.
- Gravity Manipulation: He has the ability to control gravity around himself and others, able to compress gravitons in order to shrink massive objects to more manageable sizes or compress gravity itself to open warp gates.
- Expert hunter: He is a very skilled hunter in bringing war criminals to the Black Star Council.
- Laser Blaster: In a bonus clip, Ven-Ghan has a blaster that he uses to shoot lasers at his enemies, for example, when he began shooting at Steel.
- Ven-geance: He has a large spaceship that he used to get to Earth which includes a large arsenal of weapons and a couple of laser guns. It is used as Ven-Ghan's only transportation and also has a stealth mode so that it cannot be seen by anybody.
- Sword: He possesses a sword like weapon which he keeps on the back of his spine.
- Containment Spheres: He carried a variety of round objects that come in different colors in which he traps his Ultralinks in.
- Gravity Seekers: He has some devices that localize the gravity of an object so later track that object down.
- Gun: This gun is a weapon of Ven-Ghan, which he uses for combat and hunting.
- Containment Capsules: These devices are on Ven-Ghan's legs. They're used as teleporting gizmos by opening wormholes doubling as containment traps in order to change flight paths. Such as redirecting N-Tek laserfire which he turned back onto Dredd to defeat him.
Ven-Ghan has a special suit sleeveless black color with red burgundy, plus knee, ankle, shoes, details and a communicator yellow, Ven-Ghan has a black helmet with burgundy with a yellow stripe that ends in a sort of oval shape, with two white circles on each side.
A very high Mohawk hairstyle protruding from the helmet and bounty hunting hair is black with a red stripe, Ven-Ghan has very muscular with green arms, has two gauntlets on the hands and usually charge a sword on his back, three cartridges in each of his legs, and three anti-gravity devices around.
|The Gallery of Ven-Ghan can be seen Here.|
- He was the first character introduced that was firstly a villain, but later converted itself into a hero.
- His online bio states that he is 19 years old.
- Max has Ven-Ghan's phone number in his phone.
- When Kirby saw Ven-Ghan's image, Max protested that he was his cousin. He also got angry when Max called him his cousin when he (Max) answered the phone.
- With his containment spheres, he can seperate an Ultralink from its host without damaging the host at all.
- In episode credits, Ven-Ghan's name is changed sometimes to VenGhan or Ven-Ghan.
- He has a literal view of things, making it hard for him to understand humour.