Although their origins are unknown, they were most likely created to find hosts more easily to Ultralinks, instead of them being sent to link with something.
In the night, a Megalink was searching for hosts and eventually found Toxzon, who attempts to escape upon seeing the ship. The Ultralink is released and ends up bonded with Fishy, which the Megalink noticed that the link was unintentional yet he didn't care after seeing the result and left.
As superior versions of the Ultralinks, they have an actual body without needing to bond with something and are smarter than them, being able to pilot deployers. They are able to annex Ultralinks onto themselves in order to increase their power, as seen in The Ultralink Hunter when Metallak uses his abilities to absorb Ultimate Elementor to create Mega-Elementor. They are able to shoot red lasers from their hands and capable of calculating the weapon potential of a host in few seconds.
- Metallak: One of Makino's most trusted commanders, Metallak conquered many planets with his army. After he was sent to Earth, he linked with a pyramid and became Metal Elementor.
- Avatak: A Megalink who was supposed to link with a blaster, but instead ended up with a video game console, creating a large technological monster as result. He was controlled by Toxzon to have revenge against Max and Steel on the "Max Steel: Turbo Warrior" video game, but failed.
- Zelak: A Megalink that solely appeared in the Haywire comic, who brought a dangerous technological virus to Earth.
The following list refers to the nameless Ultralinks who were seen in the show but weren't named.
- A Megalink voiced by Andrew Francis debuts in Toxic Relationship. He was searching for a host and eventually finds Toxzon, whom he tries to make an Ultralink link with him.
- Megalinks are the only Ultralinks that possess a body with limbs without having to link with something.
- Metallak had a slightly different design than other of his species, as his head was that of a Fighter Ultralink (while all of them have the head of a Raider) and had golden traces on his armor.
- They are able to assume an Ultralink form and project their own sphere. Most of them use the models of Stealth Ultralinks.
- Their head are the same as the Raider Ultralinks.
- They were one of the few new characters mentioned in the second trailer of Season 2.
|Ultralinks and Megalinks in Max Steel|
|Introduced on Season 1||Air Elementor · Bone Links · Centipede Links · Drone Ultralinks · Earth Elementor · Extroyer's Ultralink · Fighter Ultralinks · Fire Elementor · Gun Links · Makino · Stealth Ultralinks · Steel · Tank Links · Water Elementor|
|Introduced on Season 2||Avatak · Blast Link · Chomp Link · Green Spiny Ultralink · Reaper Links · Lizard Links · Makino Elite Ultralinks · Metal Elementor · Pink Stealth Ultralink · Plaztek · Prism Link · Purple Tweezer Ultralink · Raider Ultralinks · Rock Links · Stinger Ultralinks · Torbolt · Worm Links · X376|
Characters introduced on Season 2 appears in blue.