|“||Escape? There is no escape!||”|
—Blast Link, in The Ultralink Hunter
|Gender||Genderless (referred as male)|
Laser Cannon Ultralink
|Species||Ultralink (Stealth Ultralink subspecies)|
|Occupation||Member of Makino's armada (formerly)|
|Interests||Blast Link is driven to complete the mission he has been programmed to fulfill: to conquer Earth and defeat Max Steel|
|Weapons||Shoulder Blaster and Hand Blasters|
Prism Link (formerly)
|First Appearance||Ultralink Invasion Part One|
|Last Appearance||The Wrath of Makino|
|Voiced By||Brian Drummond|
Blast Link is one of Max Steel's new enemies introduced on Season 2. He is a Red Stealth Ultralink who bonded with a blaster. Blast Link debuted in Ultralink Invasion Part One, and is voiced by Brian Drummond.
- 1 History
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Etymology
- 4 Appearance
- 5 Personality
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Trivia
During a meteor shower, a squadron of four Ultralinks were sent by Makino to Miles Dread. The red Stealth Ultralink bonds with a blaster, creating Blast Link. Along with his comrades, Chomp Link and Prism Link, Blast was sent to Copper Canyon to get Max Steel's attention. After the latter knocks down Chomp, Blast appears and surprised the hero, using his cannon to attack him. Max retaliates using his Turbo Speed Mode to knock down the Ultralinks, but to no avail. Blast quickly gets up and is about to shoot Max, until C.Y.T.R.O. appears and sends down missiles at the villain.
Max uses his new Turbo Lash to fight against Blast. After wrapping the lash around Blast's waist, the Ultralink starts to run while Max charges the weapon with T.U.R.B.O. Energy to slow him down. He lets go of it and as a result Blast runs extremely fast and crashes on the wall, causing him to temporarily faint. Dread later on reappears and N-Tek's force arrive to assist Max (who had been captured by Ven-Ghan) and C.Y.T.R.O.. They are outpowered by N-Tek and decide to retreat, with Dread leaving behind the fourth Ultralink to N-Tek capture so he could proceed with his master plan.
After N-Tek obtains the location of Dread's hideout, he sends out his army of Dread Naughts and the Ultralink trio to fight against the organization's forces. Eventually, they are defeated and forced to retreat. Blast, Chomp and Prism later on return to a Makino Destroyer to reunite with the other Ultralinks.
Ultimate Elementor is tasked to lead the Ultralink invasion on Earth and decides to use a simple strategy to attack N-Tek by attacking its base directly while it is unprotected. In order to do so, he joins with a large army of Ultralinks (including Blast, Chomp and Prism) and Megalinks to attack. However, Ultimate Elementor and the Ultralinks suffered a crushing defeat. Blast, along with his other comrades, criticized Elementor's plan.
After Elementor's failure, Makino sends a new commander to take on Max Steel and N-Tek, Metallak, who later on becomes Metal Elementor. After Maxwell records a video saying that Max Steel could appear at the Copper Canyon's battle of the bands, Metallak sends Chomp to watch the show while Blast would attempt to locate the hero. Metal Elementor eventually decides to attack Copper Canyon, and the Ultralink trio is sent to cause havoc at the city. They attempt to combine their powers to defeat the hero, although they fail.
- Linking Abilities: Like others of his kind, Blast is able to bond with an object (the blaster on this case) and create a monster designed for mass destruction.
- Superhuman Strength: Blast Link is stronger than an average individual due to his size.
- Superhuman Durability: Similar to other Ultralink monsters, Blast is highly durable and could withstand being damaged by Max Steel's Turbo Speed Mode multiple times and return harmless to battle.
- Superhuman Speed: As seen in Ultralink Invasion Part One, Blast can run at high speed.
- Blaster Cannon: Blast carries a cannon his left shoulder capable of shooting red lashers. It can also store viruses, as see in The Legend of Ja'em Mk'rah.
- Hand Blaster: Blast has a pair of blasters for hand capable of shooting red lasers. His left blaster is able to charge and release large bursts of energy while the right one can fire at rapid succession. Blast's charged shot was powerful enough to stop Turbo Cannon Mode while charging at the Ultralink's direction.
- Unlimited Stamina: Blast can fight during long periods without needing to rest.
- Ultralink Hunter weapons: Blast can be permanently unlinked from his link slave through the Ultralink hunters' weapons.
- Energy Core: Blast's weak spot is located on his head, where his Ultralink is located. If hit, he will instantly faint.
The word "Blast" can be defined as explode or destroy something or someone with explosives, making a reference to the character's cannon weapons, while "Link" comes from the Ultralinks alien race,
Blast Link has a very similar to Miles Dread's mechanical aspect, having triangular and polygonal structures and plates covering his whole body and red shinning accents. He has two blasters for arms, a cannon on his left shoulder and his Ultralink is encased by black plates with the shape of a round head.
|Blast Link's gallery can be seen here.|
- Blast Link makes bad choices sometimes, leaving disaster to his team.
- He is sometimes simply referred as "Blast".
- When Ultralink Invasion Part One was released in YouTube by the official channel, Blast was incorrectly referred as "Boom Link" on the description of the video.
- In The Wrath of Makino, he was competing with the others to become the new heir to Makino's throne.
- He was the only Ultralink of his squadron who didn't got an action figure in the toyline.
Characters introduced on Season 2 appears in blue.